How would you rate your sleeping habits?
This is one of the “get to know you” questions I like to ask my clients during our early coaching sessions. No, I’m not a doctor, but there is a deeper reason why I ask this question early on in my coaching sessions.
Most business owners believe that sleep deprivation comes with the territory.
You show me a group of new entrepreneurs and I’ll show you a group of tired souls!
In my early entrepreneur days, I proudly wore my sleep deprivation and dark circles under my eyes like they were badges of honor. After all, entrepreneurs are supposed to pour their blood, sweat, and tears into their business launches, right?
Your body doesn’t care that you’re starting a business!
It’s true! Your body could care less that you’re in the middle of launching a new brand or opening up your first business. It simply wants to be fed the proper nutrients to keep all systems in check and running properly.
At the end of the day, poor sleep habits will lead to poor physical and emotional health. It’s just a fact that there’s no getting around, despite how busy you are.
Poor sleeping habits can cause big consequences.
Adequate sleep is a vital nutrient you need to give your body. If any of these describe you, your most likely not catching enough Z’s.
- Moody and easily irritable- This is not good if you’re working with customers.
- Lacking empathy and/or patience- Your workplace culture could go downhill fast!
- If you’re getting sick easier- This alone is a time absorber.
- Lack of concentration and short attention span- This means you’re less productive despite the extra hours you’ve stolen from your sleep routine.
To top it all off, poor sleeping habits makes you more susceptible to accidents and workplace injuries. All of these consequences are success killers that can hurt your business before you even get it off the ground.
Getting proper rest leads to success.
The benefits of proper sleep habits are miles long. Here are a few of them:
- Boosted creativity
- Faster learning speed and better memory
- Higher productivity and efficiency
Having good sleeping habits pays off!
If you’re having trouble finding sleep, try some of these tricks:
- Reduce screen time. Power down 30-minutes before bed.
- Invest in a proper mattress. You spend more hours sleeping on your mattress than you spend in your car! Buying a high quality mattress makes sense.
- Journal before bed.
- Research sleep meditation and give it a try.
“Sleep Better, Think Better.” —Nick Leighton, Author of Exactly Where You Want to Be – A Business Owners Guide to Passion, Profit, and Happiness
Whether you’re in the startup phase of your business, or you’re a small business pro, good sleeping habits are imperative to your success!
I want to help you make sure your business succeeds!
I’m Nick Leighton and I’m an experienced executive level business coach and a peer-advisory board facilitator. For 20+ years I’ve been helping my clients achieve their business goals—or what I like to call their “champagne moments.”
Schedule your free consultation with me today!
Take my FREE Champagne Moment Business Assessment. Afterwards you will immediately receive my free business guide and you’ll be able to schedule your first free consultation with me. I look forward to helping you make this your best year ever!